martedì 28 ottobre 2014





      A Scary Halloween story 




A few years ago, I lived in a suburb close to the little town of Wightown where I worked as an apprentice for mister Host G. who had a carpenter work-shop. He was rich, honest and generous. It was a few days before Halloween and the children were very excited. One morning a foreigner came into in the shop, asking me to make a hundred boxes of different seizes to be ready by Halloween. So, without any questions, we confirmed the order. He told me that his name was Jack O. He thanked me and he left. The following days I worked hard and I finished the order at 6 p.m. on the day of Halloween. Mister Jack O. arrived just before closing time. He loaded the boxes into a big van. After a short time he came back to pay me. He took his wallet out and in that moment a lightening caused a blackout. I found the lantern under the work-bench and turned it on. The foreigner had disappeared, but I found the money for my hard work on the table. The magical disappearance of mister Jack O. left me breathless.
The time had come to close. Outside an icy air had fallen on the streets of the suburb and I was looking forward to getting home. After dinner, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and immediately a child  10-11 years old, dressed as a monkey, asked me: - Trick or treat? I threw some sweets into his bag. A lot of children arrived that evening and I was very happy to give them sweets. It was 11:30 p.m. so I decided to go to bed. I was falling asleep when the doorbell rang again. I went to see who was, thinking it was another child. I opened the door and Mr. Jack O. appeared in front of me and, without saying anything, he took off the ghost costume. He was a man, a human being. I had thought he was a ghost like me and all the inhabitants of that suburb. So he rubbed a magic lamp and suddenly I was sucked into it.

I woke up later, in a crate. Without thinking much, I took a match and lit it, by rubbing it on the wood. The light fell on a sign; It read: - Host G.’s Carpenter. I had made those boxes. Mr. Jack O., however, wasn’t very prudent as he did not consider that we ghosts can pass through the material. So it was very easy to go through the crates. I discovered I was in a large room of an old abandoned house with my neighbors. We decided together to wait for Mr. Jack O. in the haunted house. After some hours, Mr. Jack O. came into the house expecting to find all the ghosts trapped. We went out of our hiding places and began to scream, to make confusion with scary noises, frightening him to death. Terrified, he began to run around the room and then ran away screaming like a child. The cruel Mr. Jack O. wanted to take over the city but he wasn’t successful. 
It was a terrifying memorable Halloween night.

Gianluca Bertini II B Scientifico

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...