giovedì 20 marzo 2014

Great stories never end


I have to admit I was a bit skeptical  at first.
I read the book and loved it. Hard to believe that someone could have paid justice to the character of Jay Gatsby; but in the end I knew the actor was Leonardo Di Caprio – even watching a complete disaster I would’ve enjoyed seeing him.
Luckily it was not. I loved the movie just as much as the book. Despite the small plot changes and the fact that I already knew the story, it still captured my attention and involved me in the story – I may even have sighed a little too loudly when Gatsby and Daisy kissed…


One of the things I liked most was the way setting and music were blended together. The story takes place during the legendary Roaring Twenties and though there was rap music playing and beats that you now hear in clubs, as well as recent songs covered in form of Charlestons and Fox Trots,  and they fitted perfectly.
Costumes were great, the acting even better – Daisy was pictured just as fragile and ethereal as Fitzgerald described her, her husband just as bossy and small-minded, and so on with Nick, Jordan and Gatsby as well.
No need to say I was rather happy when I went out of theatre, The Great Gatsby was all I chatted about on my way home.
I think that this is a story that will always fascinate, because no matter how many years later we live, people’s emotions will never  change. It’s inevitable for a girl to identify herself with the female main character, fall in love with such an enigmatic, charming and devoted man like her Jay: I dare you to find someone who would have preferred the stone-cold Buchanan over Mr. Gatsby!
It’s true: greats stories never end.

Sara Marzo, III L.C.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...